Southern Alberta Gymnastic Club has been in operation for for 35 years, established in 1982.
Our club is geared towards Fun, Fitness, and Fundamentals for children 4-16.
SAGC follows the CanGym program, a 12-step badge system set out by the Alberta Gymnastics Federation.
We keep costs as low as possible in the following ways:
- Everything is organized and run by a board of parent volunteers. However, we do not skimp on coaches: All of our coaches are paid and belong to the NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program).
- Classes take place in the Monterey Park Community Center, where apparatus are set up and taken down before and after every class (this is quite the undertaking, as we have all professional equipment!)
- Every other year we hold a casino fundraiser, which helps pay for rent, equipment purchases and repairs, and coaching staff. Fundraising is optional, but participants receive a voucher towards SAGC session fees.
- SAGC does not maintain an office at the community center, but does maintain a business line and email address that is always maintained by board members.
- We do not accept credit cards for registration, to keep expenses at a minimum; Cash or cheque only.
When you come for gymnastics with your child, there is a comfortable viewing area for parents to wait in. There is a lovely playground outside. There is always plenty of parking, both in the parking lot and on the street. Our coaches are well trained and also plan for fun days, such as “pajama day”, “red day”, or “crazy hair day”.